Thursday, January 22, 2015

2015 (Fitness) Resolutions


2015 (Fitness) Resolutions
 I've been procrastinating this post.

I wanted to think long and hard about my goals for 2015 before writing them down and making myself accountable for them. But I'm finally ready and I'll have more to share on the specific challenges I face (and how I plan to overcome them) in future posts.

To set the tone for 2015, there are two thoughts that have been consuming my mind over the holidays:

    Make the decision to make a change. If you haven't gotten excited about it yet, you haven't fully committed to the decision.
    Never give up on a goal because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

So, leading with fitness, here are my goals for 2015:

    Follow Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide 1.0 workout and meal plan (starting Jan. 5, 2015, ending Mar. 30, 2015).
    Prep meals each week on Sundays and Wednesdays. Never miss a meal prep session.
    Go to bed each night by 11 p.m. (this is a tough one, but I never get enough sleep).
    Drink 1 gallon of water each day.
    Reach 10k steps on Fitbit each day.
    No chocolate, candy or desserts in January. Then once per week with a "free day" starting February.
    Spend a few minutes each day doing something that encourages a positive mindset (e.g., read a few paragraphs from a favorite fitness book or audio book, watch an inspiring YouTube video, skim through a favorite fitness IG account, read non-fitness related books that help maintain positive thinking).
    Eat at least one serving of vegetables per day, increasing to 2-4 servings per day in February.
    Focus on building the new, not fighting the old.
    Read 6+ books (1 per 2 months).
    Learn to cook something new at least once per month in 2015.
    Print and place this list in several places (bedroom, car, work desk, etc.) as a constant reminder.
    Make new goals along the way.


Now I'm dying to hear what your goals are. Anyone planning to do the Kayla Itsines challenge on Jan. 5?! I've created a separate IG account to document my progress so I'll share that with you soon if you're interested in following along.

Thanks for reading.
Blogger : 
Image : Source

No comments:

Post a Comment